Thanks for using Facebook! To make our app better for you, we bring updates to the App Store every 4 weeks. If you have iOS7 or up, you can update the app automatically (without checking back here) by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads and turning on Updates.
Every update of our Facebook app includes improvements for speed and reliability. As other new features become available, we’ll highlight those for you in the app.
Now updated for iPhone 6
The video streaming site Netflix will release its first feature-length film in 2015, after striking a deal with the Weinstein Company, reports say. Read more »
This update includes minor improvements.
In iOS8, we’ve made it even easier to share and stay informed about your network:
• Enjoy quick access to who’s viewed you today in your Notification Center.
• Conveniently share links and photos with your connections.
• Easily accept connection invitations and quickly respond to message from your phone’s lock screen.
We’re making it easier to find what you’re looking for and share on LinkedIn:
• Full-screen search means you’ll see more results with less effort
• Explore jobs exactly where you want with location-based search
• Now you can share articles and posts you like directly from the home screen
• Choose the audience for boosted posts based on their interests
• Bug fixes and performance updates
Facebook is able to track its 1.3 billion users on desktop computers, mobile devices and other websites. Now, advertisers will be able to do the same, using the social-networking service’s data. Read more »
Accounts on messaging service Snapchat have been hijacked to send spam – but the site has said it was not the victim of a hack. Read more »
China has a history of tightening its censorship of internet services during times of political upheaval, and thats unfortunately happening again with massive pro-democracy protests underway in Hong Kong. Read more »
To understand the buzz around Ello Inc., consider why Jon Harvey recently signed up for the social network. Read more »
YouTube channels Vice News, Zoella and The Slow Mo Guys will soon be familiar to millions more Brits, thanks to mainstream advertising campaigns funded by Google’s online video service. Read more »
Bug fixes and UI adjustments
- Google Sign In
- Bug fixes
If you love Vevo, please take the time to give us a nice review. It really helps.
Facebook first began testing a “Buy” button within the News Feed in July, and payments startup Stripe has been tasked with powering the technology. Read more »